Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lots goin' on




My favorite picture from the 4th
We have a had a busy weekend. Of course it was the 4th of July so that meant fireworks and barbecuing. We let the kids play in the pool before dinner to keep them entertained. I think the adults were more entertained by them. Then we were lucky to eat dinner before the HUGE rainstorm came in with a ton of rain and hail. At the time we were at my parent's house who live in the Highland area and with all the rain they got, there were garbage cans floating down the street! We really should have gone tubing but the lighting kept us inside. We were eating dinner under a canopy and with all the hail, the ceiling of it was caving in because of the weight of the canopy. So Paul and my mom had to go out in that horrible storm and taking it down. There is a picture of them coming in drenched. But eventually, the skies cleared and we were able to light our fireworks. The kids loved them, especially the little snaps that you throw on the ground and their sparklers. Avery was old enough to really like the firework show this year.

Then on Monday, my grandma threw a surprise 80th birthday party for my grandpa. I spent all day helping her get ready for that and it turned out really fun. My dad took him to the cabin in Island Park to get it ready to use for the summer. So when he came home he was VERy surprised to see all his family and friends suprise him. I love him so much and am grateful he is my grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment