Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Adoption Cards


Well we are trying another avenue in hopes of finding a birth mother. I was talking with my neighbor about their adoption experience with her two children. She was explaining to me that she and her husband had ordered adoption pass along cards and had family and friends leave them at restaraunts, send them with their bills, and tack them to business's advertisement boards. It was through this pass along card that they eventually found their birth mother of their two children. The birth mother was very close to giving birth to their first child when she got their card from her mother. She then got pregnant again and again she chose Dani's family as her adoptive family for her second child. I was truly in awe as I listened to her story. It was through this simple act of leaving their card at Mama Inez's table that their path crossed with their birth mother's path. It forever changed their lives. After hearing her story, I knew that we had to get our own pass along cards. It may never bring to pass a success story but we have to explore every path in order to get our children here. If it is as simple as leaving a card at a table it is worth it.

This process is a test of my patients as this whole process involves MANY people. We are trying to do our part, such as these cards, to find our birth mother. I have complete faith in my Heavenly Father and his plan. HE KNOWS BEST and knows me and my family. Family is central to His plan and He will bless us with another child. This definitely is a trial for us but we are truly blessed with an angel that lights up our lives and keeps us going. She is my miracle and am so thankful for Avery. Heavenly Father will bless us when the time is right, for He wants to make us happy.


If any one is interested in some cards to leave at places let me know. I have plenty to go around! I am going to be sure to take them to California with us, ya just never know who you'll meet!

2 comments:

  1. I think your adoption cards are adorable! I wish you all the luck in the world and your family will be in my prayers as you are in search of a new little one to add to your family =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aime, I think that a good place to have some of those cards is at Dr. Fackrell's office. We have seen a few young women pregnant and it wouldn't hurt to have some of those cards in there. Anyways, if you agree- I would be happy to take them to work with me!!

    ReplyDelete