Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We got approved!!!!

Today is a very exciting day, one that brings us a step closer to adopting. Our caseworker called and told us that we were approved for adoption!! What happens is we have a fill out A LOT of paperwork, make a collage of our family (Thanks Karalee for helping me make ours), and have 2 letters written to the birth mother. This is all taken before an adoption commitee to make sure that we are able to care for another child. It is very exciting news and a relief to know that all of our paperwork, background checks, and references are all complete. Thank you to everyone who wrote letters and helped us with this process! Now probably comes the more difficult period when we must be patient and have faith that a child will come into our family. I know that Heavenly Father wants a child to have a loving and eternal family to go to, so I lean on Him and trust that He will bless us and will guide the birth mother to our family.

I have been reading a book about adoption and have been learning the emotions, decisions, and thoughts that go through a birth mother's mind when she is deciding which path to chose for her and her child. It has brought me to a new understanding of the heavy decisions that weigh on their mind and the emotional rollercoaster they experience. I pray each night for our birth mother, that she may feel Heavenly Father's guiding hand in her life. This experience has brought me to appreciate motherhood, families, and the miracle of life. I am thankful for the leaders of the church who testify of the eternal principles of adoption. It testifies of the Savior's Atonement by making the bitter sweet, the sorrow into joy. This process has deepened my faith in Him and He will bless our family with another 'grandpa's angel'!

5 comments:

  1. Great news! Very excited and supportive of you both. Love Kris and Jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! I am so happy for you both and miss Avery. What a relief for you. I am sure you are glad that the paperwork is over, however it sounds like a waiting game. Stay patient!! The Lord knows your worthy desire to have a family and he will provide a way. Love you both, can't wait to watch miss Avery tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and he knows the desires of our hearts whether spoken or unspoken. I am sure this has been a most difficult process but hopefully the Lord will grant the wishes of your heart and bless both the Jasonites and a new precious spirit a family forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! Another cousin to love and adore, just like Averito! I am so excited and can't wait to get more news. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cooL! I am so happy for you guys! Like Aubrey said another cousin do adore! !
    Love ya!
    Breanna

    ReplyDelete